Spring is in the air and this muffin is perfect for the season...or well, anytime of the year really. Light, lemony with juicy blueberries that are full of antioxidants and vitamin C! There is something about the flavour combination of lemon and blueberries that I adore!
This recipe for muffins with almond flour is one of my stables...just need to change the flavourings and voila! You have a light and moist muffin.
2 cups almond flour
2 tspn baking powder
1/4 tspn salt
1/2 cup butter, melted
Juice and grated zest of 1 lemon
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup erthyritol (or sugar substitute of your choice.)
1 tspn vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Mix the almond flour, baking powder and salt together.
- In another bowl mix the butter, water, eggs, erythritol, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla essence.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together, and stir well.
- Add the blueberries and blend well.
- Pour the mixture into cupcake cases in a muffin/cupcake tin.
- Bake for 20 to 23 minutes until firm.
- Eat and enjoy!
Nutrition: Per Muffin – 381 Calories; 35g Fat; 11g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 8g Net Carb