This is a quick and easy no bake dessert with ricotta and flavoured with lemon and blueberries. A great summer dessert with minimum fuss.
Although I use fresh blueberries for this ricotta parfait recipe you could use frozen blueberries. Defrost them before use though. I have made this lemon parfait with only ricotta and although it was nice enough to eat, I think I prefer my ricotta dessert baked. So, I added some heavy cream to the mix and the result was a lighter and creamier parfait.
Blueberries and lemon were my choice of flavour for this creamy ricotta parfait as they are a great summer taste combination. You could add cocoa powder to the ricotta mixture when blending for a chocolate parfait. Perhaps add raspberries too for a chocolate raspberry dessert.
I served my lemon blueberry parfait in some cute martini glasses I found in a second-hand shop. They are ideal for my island living life with a dash of blue glass and a tiny fish pattern. Expect to see the odd low carb cocktail recipe from me with these glasses! You can serve a parfait in any glass that you want though.
What is a Parfait?
The parfait originates from France and traditionally is a frozen creamy dessert made from a base of sugar, cream and egg. Served with layers of fruit, a parfait is almost like a trifle without the sponge!
The parfait has changed from country to county and is now often serve with layers of fruit, nuts or granola. You may see yoghurt parfaits served for breakfast.
- You could make the blueberries into a compote and layer them in the serving dish if you wish.
- Replace the blueberries with strawberries or raspberries
- Try a layer of low carb lemon curd as another layer in the parfait.
- You could make this in a blender too. Simply add all the ingredients (apart from the berries) and blend.
OTHER QUICK DESSERTS
Lemon Blueberry Ricotta Parfait
- 1 cup ricotta
- ½ cup cream heavy/whipping
- 1 lemon, juice & zest
- ½ cup erythritol, ground low carb sweetener
- 1 cup blueberries
- Mix the Ricotta, cream, erthyritol, lemon juice and lemon zest together and beat well until light and smooth.
- Pour layers of the Ricotta mixture in between layers of blueberries in a serving glass.
- Serve or place in the refrigerator to chill until ready to serve