These tasty and soft keto lemon cookies are baked with almond flour are a perfect cookie for lemon lovers and Spring.
If you can wait to eat these delicious low carb cookies, keep them in the fridge and enjoy them the next day. They will slightly harden but still have a light chewy centre. They are very hard to resist and at only 1g nets a cookie are a great sweet treat.
This low carb lemon cookie recipe came about after having a chat with someone on Instagram. They told me that they were trying to make a low carb version of lemon crinkle cookies and did I have a recipe? “Challenge accepted” was my reply and off to the kitchen I went. I have never baked crinkle cookies before, so after some research tried this recipe. It didn’t work but it gave me one of my best cookie recipes to date! The attempt for a low carb crinkle cookie is not over though.
How to make keto lemon cookies
If you don’t have lemon juice to hand to make these lemon cookies, use lemon extract. As I was playing around with a batch of experimental cookies, I used both and was happy with both versions. A relief for me with lemons being seasonal here.
You do not have to flatten out the cookie mixture when placing them on the baking tray. Simply roll the dough into walnut shaped balls and keep a little distance apart. The cookie will spread slightly when cooking but not a splat. More of a gentle dome.
To serve, I sprinkled these yummy lemon cookies with a dusting of ground erythritol to look like icing sugar. You could drizzle some cream cheese frosting on them too. Either way, they are a delicious lemon cookie which I hope you enjoy!
Other Cookie Recipes to Enjoy
Lemon Almond Flour Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 170C/350F degrees
- Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix the almond flour, lemon zest, salt and baking powder together.
- In another bowl, mix the butter and erythritol sugar until blended.
- Add an egg and the lemon juice. Beat well.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients and mix until you have a dough. If your dough is too stiff add more lemon juice.
- Roll the dough into walnut sized balls and place on the baking tray.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes until golden around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.