These keto hazelnut cookies are a soft, chewy cookie with a lovely hint of orange that combines well with the hazelnut. An easy low carb cookie recipe that's also gluten free.
How to make hazelnut cookies
This is a simple one bowl cookie recipe. I've also made the mixture in a food processor when my butter was not soft enough.
What You Need
- Hazelnut meal - Hazelnut flour or hazelnut meal can be purchased online or in stores but you could make your own by grinding toasted hazelnuts in a food processor. Hazelnut flour is a great low carb flour with 4g net carbs per 1oz (28g).
- Erythritol - Any low carb sweetener can be used for this recipe.
- Butter - Use at room temperature.
- Orange rind - Using orange rind gives the flavour of an orange whilst keeping the carbs low.
- Cinnamon & nutmeg - the warm spices go well with the hazelnut orange flour.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
More low carb cookies to bake
Hazelnut & Orange Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and blend well into a dough.
- Scoop out about a tablespoon of the dough and make a ball from it.
- Place on a parchment paper lined baking tray.
- Using the back of a spoon, press the dough ball down to make a cookie shape.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the cookie bottoms are golden.
- Eat and enjoy!