Creamy Keto New York-style cheesecake, made easily in an air-fryer. This dessert is gluten-free and is the ultimate indulgence for the cheesecake lover. It is a super quick and easy dessert that is perfect for any occasion.
This keto air fryer cheesecake recipe uses a few basic ingredients and is so easy to make. A great keto air fryer dessert for summer as you don't need to use your oven and heat the kitchen. Mini cheesecakes are also great for portion control.
We made small individual cheesecakes and larger ones in a 3 inch spring form tin and they only took 10 minutes to cook. This may be fastest baked sugar free cheesecake you can make! Chilling is still required though. Although I will confess that I ate one whilst it was still warm.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
WHAT DOES AN AIR FRYER CHEESECAKE TASTE LIKE?
The flavor and texture of a cheesecake made in an air fryer is very much the same as a baked New York cheesecake. The topping may be slightly more golden, rather similar to a Basque cheesecake.
For this recipe we have used a basic sugar free vanilla cheesecake that you can adapt to your own taste. We enjoyed a chocolate version too which you can see from the photos.
Similar to our sugar free New York Cheesecake recipe, we used cream cheese and sour cream.
For the low carb cheesecake crust, almond flour was used but you could used other low carb nuts such as pecan, walnuts or hazelnuts. Even low carb cookies could be used.
The sour cream can be replaced with heavy cream. Or omitted for a simple cheesecake recipe.
When using cream cheese for a cheesecake it needs to be softened, ideally at room temperature. This makes the beating of it easier and ensures no lumps.
A powdered low carb sweetener works well with a cheesecake as it dissolves well. We prefer to use allulose but powered monk fruit or erythritol can be used. If you only have granular, run a few tablespoons at a time in a coffee grinder to make powdered sweetener.
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER CHEESECAKE
You will be making this air fryer keto cheesecake weekly once you find out how easy it is to make.
We used silicon muffins cases for mini cheesecakes and also a 3 inch spring form tin for smaller, portioned control sized cheesecakes. Plus, our air fryer is not large enough for a 7 or 8 inch springform pan. Otherwise I'd be baking a large cheesecake!
Mix the base and press in the bottom of muffin cases
Whisk the cheesecake ingredient and pour the cream cheese mixture on top of the almond flour base.
Place the cheesecake in the air fryer basket and cook
Deliciously golden and ready to chill.
Cheesecakes should be stored in the refrigerator. Keep them in an air tight container and they will last up to 4 days. Although any cheesecake in our fridge doesn't stand a fighting chance with the Chief Taster!
This recipe can work as a base for you to make other delicious cheesecakes. A few suggestions are:
- Skip the crust for a low carb crustless cheesecake.
- Add lemon juice and rind for a lemon version.
- Our chocolate cheesecake has the addition of sugar free cocoa powder in the crust and the cheesecake mixture. We add additional sweetener as the cocoa can be slightly bitter without.
- Try pecans in a sugar free salted sauce for the topping.
- Serve with whipping cream, fresh berries, a strawberry or blueberry coulis on top.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Yes you can. You can put any oven proof dish as well as silicone molds. A crustless mini cheesecake could be made in ramekins.
The larger the pan you are making a cheesecake, the longer the cooking time. Increase the time to 20-30 minutes, checking that the cheesecake is not burning. If the cheesecake is slightly jiggly in the centre, it should firm up once chilled in the fridge overnight.
MORE KETO AIR FRYER RECIPES
Looking for more air fryer recipes? We have a collection of keto and low carb air fryer recipes that we are always adding to. You may want to bookmark this round up!
Keto Air Fryer Cheesecake
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup allulose or other low carb sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- If you are using a spring form cake tin, line the bottom with parchment paper.
Bake the Base
- In a medium bowl, place the melted butter, sweetener and almond flour and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon the mixture into the silicone muffin molds or spring form tin and press down firmly.
- Set aside in the fridge to firm whilst you make the filling.
Make the Filling
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cream cheese and whisk until smooth and lump free.
- Add the sour cream, sweetener and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the cheesecake batter on top of the base.
Air Fry the Cheesecake
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes as per the manufacturer's instructions.
- Place the silicone molds or spring form pan into the air fryer basket and cook for 10 minutes at 160C/300F degrees. Do not overcrowd the basket and cook in batches if required.
- Allow to cool in the air fryer for 30 minutes then cool on a wire rack.
- Once completely cool, place the cheesecake in the fridge and chill overnight or for 4 hours.
- Top and decorate with cream, nuts or berries. Or enjoy plain!
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.