Behold my peanut butter cheesecake with a chocolate brownie recipe. A winning combination of both cheesecake and brownie.
When baking a low carb and gluten free cheesecake you need to find a delicious alternative to the crushed biscuits that are used in the unhealthier versions. I often used ground nuts for a crunch crumb base but had been thinking about using a brownie for a base. Since peanut butter goes so well with chocolate it seemed the obvious choice for the cheesecake topping.
Join the friendliest keto & low carb recipe and support Facebook Group HERE!
Before I reach for the mixing bowls and switch the oven on, I have an image in my mind how I want the recipe to work out. This was one of those recipes that did not disappoint and made me grin as I held it lovingly in my hands. The peanut butter brownie cheesecake is a no bake cheesecake so you need to be patient. I left the cheesecake in the fridge overnight, then decorated it with some melted chocolate as I waved it under the Chief Taster’s nose for admiration.
Peanut Butter Brownie Cheesecake
This peanut butter cheesecake with a brownie crust has gone right into the top 3 cheesecake recipes in our house. The Chief Taster will always complain if the base is not thick enough on a cheesecake. By using a brownie base, these moans were melted away.
I had plans of cutting this peanut butter cheesecake into slices and freezing it, as I thought it would be too much for us to eat over a couple of days. Who was I kidding? I forgot that cheesecake makes a delicious weekend breakfast and did not account for the Chief Taster bearing down upon the cheesecake with a fork in his hand and a glint in his eye. Is eating with intent an offence? My cheesecake would like to press charges.
Low Carb & Gluten Free
Although I normally estimate a cheesecake to be 8 slices, this will definitely be a 10-slice cheesecake due to the peanut butter cheesecake being fairly rich. A small slice will be enough to delight your taste buds with the coconut flour chocolate brownie base being filling and satisfying. Brownie and cheesecake are a winning combination and will definitely appear in another recipe later this year.
More peanut butter desserts to enjoy!
Peanut Butter Brownie Cheesecake
- 1.5 cups peanut butter smooth
- 16 oz cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup erythritol or sugar sweetener
- 1 cup cream whipping/double
Make the brownie base
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Beat the eggs and erythritol in a bowl until blended and light in colour.
- Add the butter and mix until blended
- Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until the mixture is smooth and is an even chocolate colour.
- Place the brownie mixture into a greased, parchment line spring form cake tin (I use a 8 inch size)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until firm.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Make the Cheesecake
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and erythritol together until the cream cheese is smooth.
- Add the peanut butter and blend until the peanut butter colour is smooth and even throughout.
- In another bowl, whip the cream until stiff.
- Fold the cream into the peanut butter mixture.
- Spoon on top of the brownie base then place in the fridge for at least 5 hours or overnight to set.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information