Behold my peanut butter cheesecake with a chocolate brownie recipe. A winning combination of both cheesecake and brownie.
When baking a low carb and gluten free cheesecake you need to find a delicious alternative to the crushed biscuits that are used in the unhealthier versions. I often used ground nuts for a crunch crumb base but had been thinking about using a brownie for a base. Since peanut butter goes so well with chocolate it seemed the obvious choice for the cheesecake topping.
Join the friendliest keto & low carb recipe and support Facebook Group HERE!
Before I reach for the mixing bowls and switch the oven on, I have an image in my mind how I want the recipe to work out. This was one of those recipes that did not disappoint and made me grin as I held it lovingly in my hands. The peanut butter brownie cheesecake is a no bake cheesecake so you need to be patient. I left the cheesecake in the fridge overnight, then decorated it with some melted chocolate as I waved it under the Chief Taster’s nose for admiration.
Peanut Butter Brownie Cheesecake
This peanut butter cheesecake with a brownie crust has gone right into the top 3 cheesecake recipes in our house. The Chief Taster will always complain if the base is not thick enough on a cheesecake. By using a brownie base, these moans were melted away.
I had plans of cutting this peanut butter cheesecake into slices and freezing it, as I thought it would be too much for us to eat over a couple of days. Who was I kidding? I forgot that cheesecake makes a delicious weekend breakfast and did not account for the Chief Taster bearing down upon the cheesecake with a fork in his hand and a glint in his eye. Is eating with intent an offence? My cheesecake would like to press charges.
Low Carb & Gluten Free
Although I normally estimate a cheesecake to be 8 slices, this will definitely be a 10-slice cheesecake due to the peanut butter cheesecake being fairly rich. A small slice will be enough to delight your taste buds with the coconut flour chocolate brownie base being filling and satisfying. Brownie and cheesecake are a winning combination and will definitely appear in another recipe later this year.
More peanut butter desserts to enjoy!
Peanut Butter Brownie Cheesecake
- 1.5 cups peanut butter smooth
- 16 oz cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup erythritol or sugar sweetener
- 1 cup cream whipping/double
Make the brownie base
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Beat the eggs and erythritol in a bowl until blended and light in colour.
- Add the butter and mix until blended
- Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until the mixture is smooth and is an even chocolate colour.
- Place the brownie mixture into a greased, parchment line spring form cake tin (I use a 8 inch size)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until firm.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Make the Cheesecake
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and erythritol together until the cream cheese is smooth.
- Add the peanut butter and blend until the peanut butter colour is smooth and even throughout.
- In another bowl, whip the cream until stiff.
- Fold the cream into the peanut butter mixture.
- Spoon on top of the brownie base then place in the fridge for at least 5 hours or overnight to set.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.