A light coconut flour pastry makes these tasty keto lime curd tarts. They make a great dessert and look pretty enough for a dinner party or gathering.
Lime curd is used for the tart filling with a great flavour combination of sweet and sharp. You could use sugar free lemon curd for the filling instead, but I like the lime curd for a change. Serve with a dollop of cream on top and you have a great low carb dessert for Spring or Summer.
Coconut flour tart crust
The low carb pastry for this tart is a simple recipe with just 5 ingredients and since it uses coconut flour is gluten free too. It has a light buttery texture and can be delicate to handle, but once it is baked and cooled, firms up nicely. The slightly sweet flavour of coconut flour goes well with the lime curd filling too.
How to make a lime curd tart
You can make the keto coconut flour dough ahead and store in the fridge for 24 hours before using. When you come to making the tart cases you could try rolling out the dough between two layers of parchment paper, but I find pressing the dough into the tart cases easier. It is a delicate pastry and I find it breaks during rolling. So, to cut out the swearing and throwing of the rolling pin across the kitchen, I pressed the dough into the cases.
Bake the pastry until golden and firm, then cool. The tart case will harden once cool which makes it easier to handle. Fill with the lime curd and place in the fridge to chill. It’s a great lime curd recipe that is so easy to make but looks almost store bought.
Can I use an almond flour tart crust?
If you want to make this dessert but can’t use coconut flour and would prefer to use almond flour, use the tart case in my blueberry mascarpone recipe. Then add the lime curd filling and chill.
What tart cases to use
I used 5-inch silicon mini tart cases and ended up with 6 tarts with a thin case. If you pressed the pastry thicker you may get 4 tarts or perhaps use a smaller tin for more. Another great tin to use is a non-stick removable bottom tart pan too.
Other low carb tarts to bake
Keto Lime Curd Tart
- Mini Tart Cases - Silicone
- 1 cup lime curd recipe
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup Butter, unsalted
- 1/2 cup erythritol
- 1 medium egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the pastry ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth and a dough appears.
- Remove the dough and shape into a ball. Cover with parchment paper and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
- Remove the pastry from the fridge and cut into 6 even pieces.
- Shape the pastry piece into a ball and then press the pastry into the case, spreading it out evenly.
- Bake at 190C/375F degrees for 25-35 minutes until the top of the tart is golden and firm.
- Set aside to cool.
- Spoon the lime curd into the tart cases and place in the fridge to cool
- To serve, garnish with cream, lime or berries.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.