Enjoy the summer with a bowl of this no-churn blueberry ice cream. This easy low carb ice cream recipe has just 5 ingredients and is sugar free too.
This easy homemade keto ice cream recipe is not made with either condensed milk (which is high in sugar) or eggs. It is creamy simplicity in a bowl. The blueberries can be fresh or frozen. I used defrosted blueberries and still gave the beautiful purple colour of the berries. Just check the packet for any hidden sugar syrup.
You could add a splash of lemon or lime juice to this ice cream for extra flavour. And rather than blending the blueberry mixture into the cream, swirl the blueberries through the vanilla ice cream for a pretty pattern.
The Chief Taster said it was like eating a bowl of cream. Just want I wanted! It makes a change from me happily eating the sour cream with a spoon straight from the pot. He is right, and low carb no churn ice cream is a bowl of frozen cream. This keto ice cream recipe is creamy and full of the tasty blueberries. It is best eaten within 24 hours and ideally as soon as it is ready. Homemade ice cream is not like the store bought and will not store in the freezer well for a long time. That’s what happens when you make ice cream without chemical preservatives.
No Churn Ice Cream Tips
- Add a shot of alcohol (vodka) to keep the ice cream becoming too icy.
- It will last for about 2 weeks wrapped or covered well in the freezer.
- Allow the ice cream to sit at room temperature for a couple of minutes to soften slightly before serving.
- Never let the ice cream melt and refreeze.
- You can use other berries in place of blueberries.
- A metal container will freeze the ice cream faster and better than glass.
- A no churn ice cream will melt faster than a custard based one.
OTHER KETO ICE CREAM RECIPES:
Chocolate Vegan Keto Ice Cream
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Blueberry Ice Cream
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ cup erythritol powdered
- 1.5 cups whipping/heavy cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan heat the blueberries with the water and cook for 5 minutes on a medium heat.
- Remove from the heat, allow to cool and blend.
- In a bowl whisk the heavy cream to soft firm peaks.
- Add the sour cream, vanilla and powdered erythritol and whisk.
- Stir in the blueberries and either mix well to thoroughly combine or gently mix for a blueberry swirl.
- Spoon into a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan or any container suitable for freezing.
- Cover with clingfilm and place in the freezer for at least 6 hours.
- Scoop and serve.
Yummy! thanks for the recipe. It[s in the freezer, I added lime juice and vodka. As I tested it while making, so delicious!!!
Love the addition of lime juice! Great idea.