Bounty bars used to be one of my favourite treats, chocolate and coconut together..yum! I have also read a few reports saying that Bounty bars are not gluten free...so best to make them yourself! It's always better to make things yourself too, as you know what exactly has gone into it! You could even play around with the filling flavours too...add a spice or two to the coconut filling!
When I first made this, the coconut mixture was not as firm as I wanted. So I simply added more desiccated coconut to the mixture and it seemed to work. I have adjusted the recipe accordingly, but if your mixture initially is too wet, just add more coconut. Also, if you do not have Agave syrup you could use honey instead.
Keto Bounty Bars
- ½ can coconut cream tinned
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 cups desiccated coconut unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons monkfruit
- 7 oz chocolate chips sugar free or high cocoa solids
- Line a 8 inch square baking tin with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, add the coconut oil, desiccated coconut, monk fruit and coconut cream. Process until blended.
- Spoon the coconut mixture into the pan and flatten evenly.
- Place in the freezer for 10 minutes to firm.
- Remove and cut the coconut into 20 rectangles. Place the coconut rectangles on a parchment lined tray in the freezer.
- Melt half of the chocolate in a Bain Marie. Take off from the heat and then whisk in the other chocolate until it is all melted.
- Using two forks, dip each coconut bar into the chocolate.
- Place the chocolate covered coconut bars back on the parchment lined tray/plate and return to the freezer for 10-15 minutes to set the chocolate.
- Store the bounty bars in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 weeks or freeze. Defrost 30 minutes before eating.
Where’s the recipe for the almond joy bounty bar?
Thanks for letting me know. The recipe card is now showing.
Angela? coconut cream, size can? I have a 6.8oz carton, a 5.4 oz can and a 13.5 oz. Can. What size can and ALSO? How much agave/honey to use? Does not show in ingredient list. Going to make these very soon! Thankyoul
Ooh, thanks for this. I recently got a bit addicted to Cherry Ripes in Australia, but you can't get them in the Northern Hemisphere. This could be the basis to make my own.
Cherry ripes? What are they...chunks of cherry in the coconut.?..omg...that sounds yummy if so....
Yes, I think glacee cherries...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherry_Ripe_(chocolate_bar) The one in dark chocolate is the best. I intend to have a play with this very soon.
You MUST let me know when you have finished this...sounds divine!
What a great idea! Bounty is one of my favourite chocolate bars!!I´ll try this one out!