I used to love garlic dough balls so had a play around with a low carb bread stick recipe and voila, low carb and gluten free alternative to dough balls. Slathered with some garlic butter and yum!
My second batch was smothered with mozzarella cheese and baked in the oven until it melted. Delicious. You could play around with the flavourings too... I used pesto as I love the taste of it with cheese, but any herbal spices would be lovely instead. Just use the almond and cheese ingredients and adapt...go crazy and get inventive in the kitchen!
Garlic and Pesto Dough Balls
- 1 cup 100g ground almonds (almond flour)
- 1 cup 100g grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoon 28g Pesto sauce
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg beaten
- ¼ cup 33g Mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ -½ cup 113g garlic butter (for topping, perhaps add some cheese too?)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients together (apart from the garlic butter..that comes later)
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Take about a tablespoon of the mixture and make a ball shape, place on the greaseproof paper.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, turning over half way through baking, until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and slather with garlic butter (to your taste...perhaps top with some cheese).
- Eat and enjoy!
Nutritional Info per ball – 105 Calories, 10g Fat, 4g Protein, 1.5g Total Carbs, 0.5g Fibre, 1g Net Carb
If you enjoyed this recipe you can subscribe to Divalicious Recipes by and never miss a recipe!
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun! https://www.facebook.com/DivaliciousRecipes
If you make this, share it! Tag your photo on Instagram with #divaliciousrecipes