Mushrooms are cooked in a creamy dill sauce to make a quick and tasty dish. Serve either as a side or as a main with vegetable and egg noodles.
Once you taste this tasty mushroom dish you will want to serve it with everything. As well as delicious on its own, it goes great with beef, chicken, fish and vegetables. If you are found over the stove eating it directly from the pot with a spoon, no-one could judge you.
What mushrooms can you use?
If you are a lover of mushrooms you can use any variety of mushrooms for this creamy dill dish. Either chunky mushrooms such as portabello and oyster work just as well as small button mushrooms. Cooked in one pan it is an uncomplicated dish.
As this is a dish made with cream you cannot let it stand too long, so it is best to make this as close to serving as you can. Once you taste the creamy dill sauce you will want to serve it immediately though!
Other Side Dishes
Creamy Dill Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup cream heavy/whipping
- 2 tablespoons dill fresh, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Heat butter in a pan over a medium heat.
- Chop the garlic and onion and cook in the button for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and stir fry until soft
- Add the cream, dill and mustard and simmer over a low heat until the sauce has thickened.
- Season to taste with the salt and pepper
- Serve immediately
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.