Cauliflower cheese is flavoured with Stilton cheese and walnuts for a rich and delicious dish.
This is a great low carb comfort food dish and perks up the regular cauliflower cheese with the addition of a strong cheese and walnuts. I adore this dish and have to be restrained from eating the whole dish myself.
I use Stilton as I like a strong blue cheese paired with walnuts, but if this is not for you, use Cheddar instead. The walnuts give the dish an extra crunch and taste.
This is a simple low carb cauliflower cheese recipe with the addition of walnuts and stilton cheese.
This cauliflower cheese dish could be a main or a side dish. I've served it with dinner and also scoffed a huge plate of just this to myself. I guess it depends what you are serving as a main or want it as a sole dish.
How to make Stilton Cauliflower Cheese
This is a quick and easy low carb cauliflower side dish. With a simple keto cheese sauce and cooked cauliflower this dish is elevated by the addition of a strong blue cheese.
- Cook the cauliflower. We boil it but it could be steamed.
- Make the low carb cheese sauce with butter, cream and cream cheese.
- Add half of the Stilton cheese and stir until melted.
- Place the cauliflower in a baking dish and pour the cheese sauce over the cauliflower.
- Add the walnuts and remaining Stilton cheese.
- Broil under the grill or bake.
If you don't like strong Stilton use another cheese for a different flavour to your low carb cauliflower cheese. A truffle Gouda perhaps? Or a mature Cheddar cheese. Both would pair well with the walnuts.
Drain the cauliflower well as any excess water will make the cheese sauce thinner.
More low carb cauliflower recipes
WATCH THE VIDEO
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
This recipe was originally published in May 2013. The content and photos have been updated but the recipe remains the same.
Cauliflower Cheese with Stilton & Walnuts
- 1 head Cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 cup Cream whipping/heavy
- ¼ cup Butter unsalted
- ¼ cup Cream cheese
- 8 oz Stilton cheese
- ½ cup Walnuts chopped
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
- Place the cauliflower in a pan of water, bring to the boil and simmer for 10-12 minutes until the cauliflower is tender. Drain.
- In another saucepan, heat the butter, cream cheese and cream until melted.
- Add half of the stilton and stir until melted.
- Place the cauliflower into an baking dish
- Spoon the cheese sauce over the cauliflower.
- Scatter the chopped walnuts and remaining Stilton cheese over the cauliflower.
- Place under a hot grill for 3-4 minutes until hot, bubbly and the nuts are slightly brown.
- Eat and enjoy!
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.