Cauliflower cheese is flavoured with Stilton cheese and walnuts for a rich and delicious dish.
This is a great comfort food dish and perks up the regular cauliflower cheese with the addition of a strong cheese and walnuts. I adore this dish and have to be restrained from eating the whole dish myself...I growl like a rabid dog if I have to share this...
I use Stilton as I like that strong cheese with walnuts, but if this is not for you, use Cheddar instead. The walnuts give the dish an extra crunch and taste.
This cauliflower cheese dish could be a main or a side dish. I've served it with dinner and also scoffed a huge plate of just this to myself. I guess it depends what you are serving as a main or want it as a sole dish.
WATCH THE VIDEO
Cauliflower Cheese with Stilton & Walnuts
- 1 Cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 cup (120g) Cream Double/heavy
- 1/4 cup (56g) Butter unsalted
- 1/4 cup (58g) Cream cheese
- 200 grams Stilton cheese
- 1/2 cup (58g) Walnuts chopped
- 1 teaspoon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- Place the cauliflower in a pan of water, bring to the boil and simmer for 10-12 minutes until the cauliflower is tender. Drain.
- In another saucepan, heat the butter and cream until melted, then add the cream cheese.
- Add half of the stilton and stir until melted.
- Place the cauliflower into an oven dish.
- Spoon the cheese sauce over the cauliflower.
- Scatter the chopped walnuts and remaining Stilton cheese over the cauliflower.
- Place under a hot grill for 3-4 minutes until hot, bubbly and the nuts are slightly brown.
- Eat and enjoy!