I fancied something sweet one afternoon so thought I’d whip up a batch of cupcakes with coconut and lime. Light, delicious and hit the spot. I purposely have not included my topping recipe as you may want to use your own or change it. If you do want it, let me know and I’ll adjust the recipe but sometimes cupcake toppings are a very personal choice!
I smoothed these delicious coconut lime cupcakes with a cream cheese topping then sprinkled with desiccated coconut but you can decorate them as you see fit. Perhaps you will enjoy them plain or maybe a whipped cream topping? I wanted a coconut taste overload!
This recipe is my favourite cupcake recipe with coconut flour. It’s fun to adapt it with other flavours. Use and enjoy!
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup erythritol
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 Lime zest & juice
- 1/2 cup Desiccated coconut unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Beat the eggs well, stir in the coconut oil,lime zest, lime juice and coconut milk.
- In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet and mix well. If the batter seems too thick add more coconut milk. It should resemble cake/pancake batter.
- Place the batter into cupcake cases 3/4 of the way up and bake for 20 minutes until the tops spring back lightly when touched.
- Remove and cool in the pan.
- Decorate with a cream cheese butter topping and limes if desired