This is simply your basic Chicken Parmesan recipe replacing the breadcrumbs with almond flour and it still works for a tasty chicken main dish. I like to marinade the chicken overnight to allow the flavours to fully take, but you could always shorten it down for 4 hours. The main chicken taster (aka the husband) loved this and it will be a repeat dish.
It’s an easy dish to make, simply marinade the chicken, cover it with cheese and bake…easy!
4 chicken breasts (I use breasts with no bones)
2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
1/4 olive oil
1 tblspn Oregano
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Mix the olive oil and garlic in a dish.
- Cut slits about 1/2 inch apart down the length of each chicken breast, in order that the marinade really penetrates the chicken.
- Put the chicken in the marinade, mix well and cover. Place in the refrigerator and leave overnight (or all day).
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Mix the almond flour and Parmesan together in a flat dish.
- Dip the chicken breasts into the almond and Parmesan mixture, making sure that the breasts are covered with this mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes, until the chicken is firm and the juices are clear if poked.
- Eat and enjoy!