These vegetarian cheese sausages are perfect for us vegetarians, and my meat eating husband also like them. They are simple to make and full of flavour.
The fresh sage blends well with the cheese and gives the sausage a nice added flavour. I use bread crumbs from my gluten free healthy bread but you could use breadcrumbs from any gluten free bread of your choice.
These sausages are great for breakfast with some eggs, or with a salad for a nice lunch or light supper. Or just munched by themselves as a yummy snack!
Vegetarian Cheese Sausage
- 125 grams Cheddar cheese grated
- 200 grams low carb breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoon parsley, fresh chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 3 spring onions chopped
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil for frying
- Add the cheese to the low carb breadcrumbs, mustard, thyme, parsley and onion. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Mix well.
- Separate one egg and add the yolk to the other egg. Beat well and add to the breadcrumb and cheese mixture.
- Make little balls of the mixture and shape into sausage shapes.
- Beat the spare egg white until frothy.
- Place the almond flour in a shallow bowl.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on a gentle heat.
- Brush the sausages with the egg white and then roll them in the almond flour.
- Fry the sausages slowly for them to cook all the way through and turn frequently.
- Eat and enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe you can subscribe to Divalicious Recipes by email and never miss another recipe!
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun!