Keto cheese biscuits that are melt in your mouth savoury biscuits made with almond flour and a good Cheddar cheese. With a dash of cayenne they have a slight kick to them too.
These went straight to the top of my favourite savoury biscuit recipe. They are very similiar to cheese straws with their melt in your mouth texture..but are low carb and gluten free! Huzzah! The mixture can keep in the refrigerator for a few days so you can have a backup plan for when you have an urge for a cheesy snack. Especially since they do not take long to cook! The cayenne can be optional but I like it for the slight kick it gives combined with the cheese.
You do not have to cut the rounds into circles, I also rolled the mixture into long pieces and made tasty cheese straws with them. Sadly, they were eaten too quickly to be able to take a photo off..perhaps next time if they make it out of the oven and onto a plate for pictures...
- 1 1/2 cups Almond flour
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar Cheese grated
- 6 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- Mix the almond flour, cayenne pepper and salt in a food processor. Add cheese and butter and blend until a dough forms.
- Transfer the dough to a sheet of waxed paper and form into a log 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Roll log back and forth on counter to smooth the sides. Roll up tightly in waxed paper and refrigerate until firm, at least 4 hours. The mixture will keep for several days too.
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the dough log into 1/4 inch slices and bake for 12 minutes, or until spread and edges are starting to brown. Do not place the circles of dough too close as the mixture will spread out.
- Turn off oven and continue to let bake and crisp, about 8 to 10 more minutes but keep you eye on them in case of burning.
- Eat and enjoy!