This is a great substitute for a creamy potato salad and uses the wonderful cauliflower! It tastes better after sitting for a few hours (in the refrigerator of course!).
This is for all you low carbers who want a creamy potato salad on a glorious sunny day...make this instead! I just love how versatile the wonderful cauliflower is! You could easily sneak this dish upon others, just serve it, watch them scoff a large plateful, then tell them that it is cauliflower!!
I use dill but other fresh herbs would be as nice. You could also add other veggies to this as well. Celery would be nice but my husband hates the stuff so I do not often use this. Spring onions would be nice too! This was well received and second helpings all round!
Cauliflower & Egg Salad
- 1 large cauliflower
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 1 carrot peeled and grated
- ½ onion peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red pepper deseeded and finely chopped
- 2-3 tblspn fresh dill or other fresh herb
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise home made is best of course
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- 1 tblspn mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grate the cauliflower and cook in in a frying pan to cook off the water until it is tender.
- Mash 3 of the hard boiled eggs (or chop them into small pieces)
- Mix the cauliflower, egg, carrot, onion and red pepper together. Season with the salt and pepper. Add the dill.
- Mix the mayonnaise, buttermilk and mustard into the cauliflower mixture and blend well.
- Let sit for a few hours (in the fridge!).
- Decorate with the other hard boiled egg.
- Eat and enjoy!