Cauliflower rice risotto is a delicious low carb substitute for the rice version. The texture is very similar to risotto and makes a great comfort dish.
A quick and easy dish to make too, this healthy version of risotto does not take long to make.
If you want an alternative to the heavy, carb loaded rice risotto then once again cauliflower is your friend! What's even better is that this cauliflower rice risotto does not take long too cook, opposed to the traditional rice risotto, and you are not standing stirring and stirring! I sometimes cook this cauliflower rice risotto when I need dinner quick, as it is simple and easy to make. This recipe has spinach in it which is entirely optional. You could add any other veggies or even meat to this dish to make it your own. Or just have it simple with cauliflower and cheese.
Rather than grate the cauliflower in a food processor, I use a grater, purely as it gives larger chunks of cauliflower which gives it a more "rice risotto" appearance. Feel free to blitz away with the food processor though as the end result is not much different to the hand grated version. Apart from the bloody knuckles where the hand grater catches me. Everytime.
More keto cauliflower risotto recipes
Lemon Basil Cauliflower Risotto (Vegan)
WATCH THE VIDEO
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Caulliflower Rice Risotto
- 1 Cauliflower, small to medium head
- 1 cup (30g) Fresh spinach
- 1 Onion, small
- 2 tablespoons Cream Heavy/double
- ½ cup (50g) Parmesan cheese grated
- ½ cup Vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and gently saute for about 5 minutes until tender.
- Add the cauliflower and toss to coat in the oil.
- Add the spinach and vegetable stock, simmer on a gentle heat for about 10 minutes until tender.
- Add the cream and cheese, stir well and season.
- Cook for a further 2-3 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Eat and enjoy!