A delectable raspberry almond crumble cake that is layer upon layer of flavour. Baked with almond flour and at only 3.5g net carbs a slice it is a perfect low carb afternoon treat.
Raspberry and almond makes a great flavour combination. Back in the UK there is a cake slice with almonds and raspberry that we both adore. So, this is my version of this but in low carb cake form.
Ideally, the topping on this raspberry almond crumble cake should have almond slithers on it. Sadly, none were available in the shops here so I attempted to carefully slice an almond. And that's why my photos show chopped almonds and not slithers!
Other Desserts You May Enjoy
Raspberry Almond Crumble Cake
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons erythritol or sugar substitute
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 180C/375F degrees.
- Grease and line an 8 inch springform cake tin with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix the erythritol and butter together until soft and blended.
- Add the egg yolks and almond extract and stir thoroughly.
- Add the almond flour, salt, baking powder and beat until combined.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the cake mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the baking tin and smooth evenly.
CREAM CHEESE LAYER
- In a bowl, add the softened cream cheese and beat with the erythritol.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Spoon this mixture over the cake mixture into the cake tin and smooth evenly.
- Scatter the raspberries over the cream cheese mixture.
- For the topping, place the almond flour and erythritol in a bowl and mix until combined.
- Add the butter and mix with your hands, gently, so that the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Scatter the topping over the raspberries.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until firm and the top is cooked.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool, then place in the fridge to firm.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.
This was originally published in 2013. I've tweaked the recipe and updated the photos.