These chocolate almond flour brownies have a mint cheesecake swirl and are so easy to make. A delicious combination of chocolate and mint in a cheesecake brownie makes these chocolate mint brownies very addictive.
Almond flour makes a great moist low carb brownie and is grain free too. I recently baked a batch of low carb brownies for a ladie's night of fun and frolics (aka wine and laughter) and they were a bit hit. No one could guess that they were low carb and one of my friends has recently started to follow a low carb diet, so she was delighted I turned up with keto brownies. There’s got to be an upside to being friends with Divalicious!
I love the combination of a cheesecake and brownie as many of my dessert recipes will confirm. You could happily bake the cheesecake on top of the brownie and not swirl it in. Perhaps add a layer of a chocolate ganache on top (sugar free chocolate of course). I like the swirling process though. It appeals to my artistic nature and my love of playing with food.
Using the green food colouring for these chocolate mint brownies is optional but you could try using a more natural colouring using Matcha tea powder. As that does not exist in any store in St Lucia, it was green food colouring for me. It said natural on the bottle, although there is nothing natural about a colouring.
As with most low carb brownie recipes, they are better the next day. This may involve some self-restraint but I’d advise taste one square after baking, then another the next day after being stored in the fridge purely in the interests of taste testing. Well, that’s what the Chief Taster tells me for most of my desserts. Nothing to do with double portions. No sireee….
Other Brownie Recipes
Chocolate Mint Brownies
- 8 OZ cream cheese softened
- 1 egg medium
- 1/4 cup erythritol ground
- 1-2 drops green food colouring
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F/180C degrees
- Grease and line an 8-inch square baking tin with greaseproof paper
- Place the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Gently stir until melted and remove from the heat once melted. Or you can zap it in the microwave to melt.
- Add the eggs and vanilla to the melted chocolate and butter mixture and blend well.
- Add the erythritol, almond flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture into the cake tin and spread evenly.
- Place the cheesecake ingredients in a bowl and mix well under smooth.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture on top of the chocolate mixture in the cake tin.
- With a knife, place it into the mixture and swirl, blending the two mixtures. (It should leave a swirl patter).
- Place in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes until firm but with a slight wobbly. It will firm up once chilled.
- Let cool at room temperature, then place in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Ideally overnight.