This Quiche stuffed peppers recipe is a great alternative to a pastry Quiche. The sweet baked peppers make a delicious colourful case to the baked egg filling.
Although I’ve seen this as a breakfast recipe, the dish takes 45 minutes to bake and I certainly can’t wait that long for breakfast. So we had this for lunch along with a salad. It was like a yummy combination of roasted pepper and frittata for me.
For the filling, I chose broccoli and feta but you could use any other fillings. Spinach would be a great choice. Perhaps along with some blue cheese too? Just get creative, and bake your mini pepper cased Quiche! We ate this straight out of the oven but I can imagine that they would be delicious cold too. Perhaps for a picnic. Another idea would be to bake this ahead and reheat for a brunch.
I used red and yellow peppers as they are sweet. I personally only prefer the green peppers chopped up raw in a salad. If you were filling the peppers with a spicy meat then perhaps green peppers would go well.
- 2 peppers
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup (78g) cooked broccoli
- ¼ cup feta (36g) cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup grated Cheddar Cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Cut the peppers in half, lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Place the peppers in a baking dish, cut side up.
- Spoon the broccoli and feta into the peppers.
- Beat the eggs and add the seasoning. You may want to add a dash of milk or cream to this if you like.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pepper cases over the broccoli and feta.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until firm. If you want a cheesy topping, add the grated cheese at the last 10 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!
- Serves 2
- Nutritional Info per serving – 227 Calories, 13g Fat, 16g Protein, 12g Total Carbs, 4g Fibre, 8g Net Carbs