A warm broccoli dish with the saltiness of Halloumi cheese combined with the sweetness of tomatoes. Best served warm.
This is delicious warm but I can’t comment on what it’s like cold as the whole pan was devoured with nothing left over. The flavours are a delicious combination of salty, sharp and sweet. The mint and balsamic lifts this dish too but you could play around with the herbs if you wish. It’s a quick dish to make and perfect for a speedy supper dish.
- 1 large head of broccoli (about 300g), trimmed and cut into florets
- 4 plum tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 pack Halloumi cheese, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tblspn balsalmic vinegar
- 1 tblspn chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 tspn ground black pepper
- 1 tblspn olive oil
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan on a medium heat.
- Add the broccoli and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the Halloumi cheese and cook until the cubes are golden, turning them throughout.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat, add the mint and balsalmic vinegar. Season with pepper.
- Eat and enjoy!
- Nutrition: Per serving : 475 Calories; 31g Fat; 34g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 13g Net Carb