These cookies are better cold than straight of the oven which is unusal for a cookie in my book! This is for coconut lovers and gives you a lovely low carb, gluten free cookie full of coconut goodness. These cookies are great for a Paleo diet too!
As I am currently having a play with the joy that is coconut nectar I used this for the sweetner element of the cookie. You could use erythritol instead though. One thing to point out is that these cookies do not spread out whilst cooking so you need to make them into cookie shapes when placing them onto the baking tray.
1 cup (112g) coconut flour
1/2 cup (100g) coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup coconut nectar (107g)(or other sugar substitute)
1/2 cup (50g) unsweetened desiccated coconut
1/2 tspn vanilla extract
1/4 tspn salt
3/4 cup (88g) chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F degrees.
- Mix the coconut oil, coconut nectar, vanilla, eggs and salt. Blend well.
- Add the coconut flour, desiccated coconut and chocolate chips.
- Form into cookie shapes and place onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden.
- Cool, eat and enjoy!