These sausages are perfect for us vegetarians, and my meat eating husband also like them. They are simple to make and full of flavour. The fresh sage blends well with the cheese and gives the sausage a nice added flavour. I use bread crumbs from my gluten free healthy bread but you could use breadcrumbs from any gluten free bread of your choice.
These sauages are great for breakfast with some eggs, or with a salad for a nice lunch or light supper. Or just munched by themselves as a yummy snack!
125g strong Cheddar Cheese
200g gluten free breadcrumbs (I use my Favourite Bread recipe for the breadcrumbs)
1/2 tspn dried thyme
2 tspn finely chopped fresh parsley
1/2 tspn freshly grated nutmeg
3 Spring onions
3 tblspn ground almonds
2 tspn mustard
salt and pepper
oil for shallow frying
- Add the cheese to the breadcrumbs, mustard, thyme, parsley and onion. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Mix well.
- Separate one egg and add the yolk to the other egg. Beat well and add to the breadcrumb and cheese mixture.
- Make little balls of the mixture and shape into sausage shapes.
- Beat the spare egg white until frothy.
- Place the almond flour in a shallow bowl.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on a gentle heat.
- Brush the sausages with the egg white and then roll them in the almond flour.
- Fry the sausages slowly for them to cook all the way through and turn frequently.
- Eat and enjoy!
Makes 6 “sausages”
Nutrition: Per Sausage: 212 Calories; 17g Fat; 11g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carb