This grain free bread is light, moist and delicious. I adore this lightly toasted and slavered with cream cheese. It had a slight warm spicey taste to it and reminds me of a West Indian Bun bread we used to buy in London. You can make the pumpkin puree yourself or cheat and use unsweetened canned puree.
This passed the husband taste test with flying colours and I will be baking this a lot from now….a lot…!
1/2 cup pumpkin pureé
8 whole omega-3 eggs
¼ cup coconut milk
1/4 ground erthyritol (or sugar substitute of your choice)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
1/2 tsp all spice
Pinch of salt
3/4 cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup raw pecans, chopped (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180C/350F degrees
- In a bowl, mix the pumpkin, eggs, coconut milk, erthyritol, vanilla, spices and salt.
- Add the coconut flour and baking soda and whisk until lump-free.
- Fold in the pecans.
- Line a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan with parchment paper and pour the batter into the pan. Smooth out with spatula until even.
- Bake the loaf for 60 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and cool on a rack for 1 hour.
- Eat and enjoy!