A stuffed chicken breast filled with spinach and goats cheese makes an easy dinner dish.
I like to keep my meat dishes as simple as possible and this dish could not be any more straightforward. Slice, stuff and bake. Although I used a soft goats cheese, you could use hard slices of goats cheese. That would probably keep its shape well too.
The Chief Taster is back on his travels, so we sat down to a Sunday lunch together before he set off. We don’t eat the traditional “British Sunday Lunch” so this was as close as he was going to get. A stuffed chicken breast served with cauliflower croquettes, buttered kale and seasoned cabbage. A delicious and healthy plate of food. Plus, the Chief Taster had a treat of chicken which I don’t cook every day.
This stuffed chicken breast was coated with a wash of egg and Parmesan cheese to give it a crispy coating as well as an extra layer of flavour. The harder and dryer the Parmesan cheese is, the better. I’ve made this stuffed chicken breast recipe with very fresh Parmesan and it melted over the chicken rather than giving it a crispy coating.
The sweetness of the goats cheese goes well with the spinach so seemed a good filling for the chicken. I had the same flavour combination in an omelette the next day and thoroughly enjoyed it. However, if you are looking for a tasty stuffed chicken breast recipe, this should do it!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Spinach & Goats Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 1 cup (30g) Fresh spinach
- 2 Chicken breasts skinless & boneless
- 1 oz (28g) Goats cheese soft
- 1 Garlic clove chopped
- ¼ cup (25g) Parmesan cheese grated & dry
- 1 Egg beaten
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently saute the garlic for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Slice the chicken breast at the side to make a pocket.
- Spoon the spinach inside the chicken, then add the goats cheese.
- Place the chicken breasts on a buttered baking dish.
- Brush the chicken skin with the beaten egg.
- Spoon the Parmesan cheese over the chicken breasts so that they are coated.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.