Easy savory almond flour pancakes are a great way to enjoy pancakes as a lunch or light dinner. Serve them with a sauce or with a savory filling. It's a great low carb and gluten-free option for those without a sweet tooth.
We often fill coconut flour crepes with a savory filling so why not pancakes too! They are filling and satisfying as well as being easy to make too. Kids will love them!
You could add dried or fresh herbs to pancake batter to enhance the flavor. Chopped chives or parsley work well.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
WHAT FLOURS MAKE A SAVORY PANCAKE?
We use a combination of almond flour and ground flaxseed to make these savory pancakes. Coconut flour could be used but you would need to increase the liquid.
- The club soda helps give the pancakes a lighter texture but could be substituted with more almond milk.
- Ground flaxseed gives the pancakes a more savory flavor but could be omitted for plain almond flour pancakes.
HOW TO MAKE KETO SAVORY ALMOND FLOUR PANCAKES
The pancake batter is an easy recipe to make. Just whisk all the ingredients in a bowl and then cook on a skillet or use a Dash mini skillet a smaller and neater pancake.
Keep any leftover savory pancakes in the fridge in an air tight container. They will last up to 3 days.
SAVORY PANCAKE FILLINGS
You could enjoy these pancakes by themselves with a side of eggs and bacon but we enjoy ours filled. A few low carb filling ideas are:
- Spinach and cheese
- Sauteed garlic mushrooms
- Chopped ham and cheese
- Prawn and spring onion
- Buffalo chicken
MORE KETO PANCAKE RECIPES
For pancake lovers, we have a few low carb recipes you might enjoy:
Keto Savoury Almond Flour Recipes
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup club soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil for cooking
- In a medium bowl mix all the ingredients until you have a smooth batter.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on a medium heat or cook in a mini Dash skillet.
- Pour about ¼ cup of the batter into the frying pan.
- Cook until firm and golden on one side, then flip and cook the other side.
- Remove, fill with your savory filling of choice.
- Eat and enjoy!
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.