Savoury pancakes that are low carb and gluten free. Delicious with spinach and cheese. Perhaps a touch of garlic too.
As a change to sweet pancakes, here is a savoury version. I think this pancake mixture goes better with a savoury filling. Although you could always add a sweet ingredient to this to change if for your sweet tooth. I stuffed mine with spinach, garlic and cheese but you can use whatever savoury filling you want. It's your pancake after all!
This is a great Gluten Free and low carb pancake that you can eat with either savoury or sweet fillings.
1 cup almond flour
1 tblspn ground flax seed
1/4 cup sparkling water (makes it a bit more fluffy, but you could use normal water)
1/4 tspn salt
1/4 tspn baking soda
2 tblspn oil
Filling of your choice
- Mix all ingredients well until you have a smooth batter.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on a medium heat.
- Pour a ladle (about 2/3 cup) of the batter into the frying pan.
- Cook until firm and golden on one side, then flip and cook the other side.
- Remove, fill with your savoury filling of choice.
- Eat and enjoy!