These keto pumpkin muffins are baked with coconut flour and are moist and soft. The warmth of the spices make this a perfect muffin for fall.
These pumpkin muffins did not last long with the Chief Taster which is a good sign. I made another batch the same day and put cream cheese frosting on them but they did not last long enough to take any photos! He really is a muffin monster!
I used a spice mix that I like to use in place of pumpkin spice since pumpkin spice is not often readily available in the supermarkets here. That way you can play around with the flavour to your own taste. Personally I like my spice heavy on the cinnamon side and don't tend to measure it exactly.
Coconut Flour Muffins
Coconut flour is great for low carb pumpkin muffins as the flour soaks up the liquid from the pumpkin puree giving you a moist rather than a soggy muffin. Once you get the hang of baking with coconut flour, you can quickly churn out batch after batch of muffins!
For the toppings I usually slather these pumpkin muffins with a pumpkin cheesecake frosting for a pumpkin overload! You could try a cinnamon cream or simply enjoy them plain.
MORE COCONUT FLOUR MUFFINS TO BAKE
Keto Pumpkin Muffins
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Blend the butter, eggs, erythritol, pumpkin, vanilla essence and coconut milk.
- Add the coconut flour, pumpkin spices, baking powder and salt. Whisk until the batter is smooth
- Pour the batter into a muffin tin, lined with muffin/cupcake cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes until firm.
- Allow to cool.
- Smother the topping of your choice
- Eat and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.