These keto ginger raspberry muffins make a sweet and warm flavour combination. Baked with coconut flour they are deliciously low in carbs and gluten free.
The flavour combination of ginger and raspberry is just delicious and something I want to explore further. The fresh ginger works so well with the sweet sharpness of the raspberries. Add into cake form and voila!
Baking with Coconut Flour
I just love baking cakes with coconut flour. Coconut flour is so good for you being low carb, gluten free, high in fibre, full of beneficial fats and protein. One will keep you going for a while..two even longer! This is due to the high fibre content which is why they need so much liquid and extra eggs compared to wheat flour. It's also why you use less volume of the coconut flour in recipes too compared to the wheat flours.
Keto Ginger Raspberry Muffins
Freshly grated ginger is used in addition to powdered ginger in these muffins. The ginger flavour is not too overpowering but you could use just ginger powder if you wanted a milder taste.
Other Muffin Recipes to Try
Ginger Raspberry Muffin
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees and line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Beat the eggs and butter in a bowl. Add the erythritol (or other sugar substitute) and blend well.
- Add the coconut flour, ginger powder, fresh ginger and baking powder.
- Gently spoon in the raspberries and slightly crush them as you mix them into the cake batter. It helps give a rippled effect.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and firm.
- Eat and enjoy!