This keto peanut butter pie is made with a crust of almond flour and a creamy peanut butter filling. This is so delicious rich in flavor that you’d never know it’s low carb, sugar-free and gluten-free!
The beauty of this keto peanut butter pie is that it is great served cold and frozen. Served straight from the freezer it is like a creamy peanut ice cream pie. Chilled it is creamy and rich with a delicate almond flour crust.
It is very rich so you may only want a small slice...well to begin with..! This will soon become one of your favourite keto desserts.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
IS PEANUT BUTTER PIE KETO?
This keto peanut butter pie recipe is so easy to make with a simple almond flour crust. The crust is a buttery almond flour delight that takes just 15 minutes to bake.
For the sweetener, we used allulose but any other low carb sweetener such as monkfruit or erythritol will work.
The peanut butter filling is a delicious combination of natural peanut butter, cream cheese and cream. I add cinnamon for a touch of warming spice, but this is entirely optional.
HOW TO MAKE A KETO PEANUT BUTTER PIE
You can happily make this keto peanut butter pie ahead of serving and keep it in the freezer. Either serve it straight from the freezer or allow it to defrost for 15 minutes before serving. Keep a pie in the freezer for parties and family gathering. Or a weekend!
Ensure that the peanut butter is sugar free. You could always make your own by processing peanuts in a food processor with a drop of coconut oil until you get a butter.
This peanut butter pie recipe is keto friendly as it has almond flour for the crust which is lower in carbs than traditional flour, and the cream cheese and peanut butter have the fat macros you need to keep in the keto zone! It is also sugar free and gluten free.
Mix the almond flour pie crust
Press down into a pie dish and bake
Mix the pie filling and add the cream
Spoon the mixture into the pie case and chill
- Add sugar free cocoa powder to the almond flour crust mixture for a chocolate peanut butter pie. You may need to add an extra tablespoon or two of sweetener.
- Omit the cinnamon and add nutmeg and ground cloves.
- Omit any spice and flavor with vanilla extract.
- Pour a chocolate ganache over the pie once it's firm and chill for another hour in the fridge for a chocolate topping.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Keep the pie covered and in the refrigerator. It should last up to 5-6 days.
Absolutely! This is also a great way to store the pie. Cut the pie into slices, wrap with clingfilm and they will last up to 3 months in the freezer.
Although the peanut butter pie filling is no bake, this pie can be easily made into a no bake pie but not baking the crust. Make it about an hour ahead and instead of baking, chill the pie crust in the fridge to firm up.
Swap the peanut butter with another low carb nut butter such as almond butter or macadamia butter.
MORE KETO PIE RECIPES
WATCH THE VIDEO
This post was originally posted in June 2015. The photos and content have been updated but the recipe remains the same.
Peanut Butter Pie
- 2 cups Almond flour
- 6 tablespoons Butter melted
- 4 tablespoons Low carb sweetener we used allulose
- 1 cup Whipping/Heavy Cream
- 8 oz Cream cheese room temperature
- 1¼ cups Peanut butter smooth
- ½ cup Low carb sweetener we used allulose
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Butter/grease a pie pan/tin
- Mix the almond flour, melted butter and 4 tablespoons of erthyritol well.
- Spoon the mixture into the pie dish and spread it evenly to form a crust.
- Bake in the oven for 15 -20 minutes until slight golden.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Whisk the cream to thick peaks.
- In another bowl, mix the cream cheese, erthyritol, peanut butter and cinnamon.
- Fold the cream into the peanut mixture gently and blend well.
- Spread the mixture into the pie case.
- Cover with cling film and place in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!
- Serve with a side of whipped cream and decorate it with a drizzle of melted chocolate, softened peanut butter and chopped peanuts.