A low carb peanut butter pie made with a crust of almond flour that is very rich and delicious.
I was in my local health food store and came across a couple of jars of natural, no sugar, no horrid oils added peanut butter on sale. So I gave a jar a good home and made this peanut butter pie. I used ground almonds for the crust which went surprisingly well with the peanut taste. The pie is kept in the freezer and although you are meant to defrost it for 15 minutes before eating, myself and the Chief Taster happily munched many frozen pieces! This is on my list of recipes to repeat. It would be good to serve at the next bbq too! Oooh, perhaps smothered with some extra cream….
It is very rich so you may only want a small slice…well to begin with..!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 6 tblspns butter, melted
- 4 tblspns erthyritol (or other sugar substitute)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1¼ cups peanut butter (smooth)
- ½ cup erthyritol (or other sugar substitute)
- 1 tblspn cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Butter/grease a pie pan/tin
- Mix the almond flour, melted butter and 4 tablespoons of erthyritol well.
- Spoon the mixture into the pie dish and spread it evenly to form a crust.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Whisk the cream to thick peaks.
- In another bowl, mix the cream cheese, erthyritol, peanut butter and cinnamon.
- Fold the cream into the peanut mixture gently and blend well.
- Spread the mixture into the pie case.
- Cover with cling film and place in the freezer for at least an hour.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before eating. (although we ate some straight from the freezer..delicious)
- Nutritional Info per slice - 351 Calories, 34g Fat, 8g Protein, Total Carbs 7g, 3g Fibre, 4g Net Carbs
If you enjoyed this recipe you can subscribe to Divalicious Recipes by email and never miss another recipe!
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun! https://www.facebook.com/DivaliciousRecipes
If you make this, share it! Tag your photo on Instagram with #divaliciousrecipes