A low carb peanut butter pie made with a crust of almond flour that is very rich and delicious that you’d never know it’s keto and gluten-free!
The beauty of this keto peanut butter pie is that it is great served cold and frozen. Served straight from the freezer it is like a creamy peanut ice cream pie. Chilled it is creamy and rich with a delicate almond flour crust. It is very rich so you may only want a small slice...well to begin with..!
I was in my local health food store and came across a couple of jars of natural, no sugar, no horrid oils added peanut butter on sale. So I gave a jar a good home and made this peanut butter pie. I used ground almonds for the crust which went surprisingly well with the peanut taste. The pie is kept in the freezer and although you are meant to defrost it for 15 minutes before eating, myself and the Chief Taster happily munched many frozen pieces!
Making the Keto Peanut Butter Pie
It is very rich so you may only want a small slice...well to begin with..!
This keto peanut butter pie recipe is so easy to make with a simple almond flour crust. The crust is a buttery almond flour delight that takes just 15 minutes to bake.
The peanut butter filling is a delicious combination of natural peanut butter, cream cheese and cream. I add cinnamon for a touch of warming spice, but this is entirely optional.
You can happily make this keto peanut butter pie ahead of serving and keep it in the freezer. Either serve it straight from the freezer or allow it to defrost for 15 minutes before serving. Keep a pie in the freezer for parties and family gathering. Or a weekend!
Is Peanut Butter Pie Keto?
This peanut butter pie recipe is keto friendly as it has almond flour for the crust which is lower in carbs than traditional flour, and the cream cheese and peanut butter have the fat macros you need to keep in the keto zone! It is also sugar free and gluten free.
Can You Freeze This Peanut Butter Pie?
An absolute yes to freezing this pie. I cut mine into small slices, wrap in clingfilm and freeze so that I have an supple of easy to eat low carb pie on hand.
Peanut Butter Pie Tips
- Ensure that the peanut butter is sugar free. You could always make your own by processing peanuts in a food processor with a drop of coconut oil until you get a butter.
- Almond flour can be used in place of peanut butter, as with any other nut butter.
- Add sugar free cocoa powder to the almond flour crust for a peanut butter and chocolate combination.
- Although rich enough by itself, serve with whipped cream or low carb cinnamon ice cream.
WATCH THE VIDEO
OTHER LOW CARB PEANUT BUTTER DESSERTS TO ENJOY:
Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 cup Whipping/Heavy Cream
- 8 oz Cream cheese room temperature
- 1¼ cups Peanut butter smooth
- ½ cup Erthyritol or other sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Butter/grease a pie pan/tin
- Mix the almond flour, melted butter and 4 tablespoons of erthyritol well.
- Spoon the mixture into the pie dish and spread it evenly to form a crust.
- Bake in the oven for 15 -20 minutes until slight golden.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Whisk the cream to thick peaks.
- In another bowl, mix the cream cheese, erthyritol, peanut butter and cinnamon.
- Fold the cream into the peanut mixture gently and blend well.
- Spread the mixture into the pie case.
- Cover with cling film and place in the freezer for at least an hour.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before eating. (although we ate some straight from the freezer..delicious)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.
[amazon_link asins='B00DL9LNNU,B000Z978SS,B0732M4S41,B00LGLHZNM' template='ProductCarousel' store='divaliciou04c-20' marketplace='US' link_id='a48a83b8-7a30-11e8-8b8d-d74020aa05df']