This flourless chocolate cake is very easy to make and takes 90 seconds in the microwave to bake. Perfect for when you need cake in a hurry. Who doesn’t?
I have another flourless chocolate cake recipe but wanted to play around with it. I decided to add peanut butter because as well as being delicious with chocolate, it bakes well as nut butters do. If you can use a nut butter for a bread, you can for cake.
Variations were played around with and the Chief Taster’s favourite was the one where I added chocolate chips to it. However, I’m not including it here as I wanted to keep the net carb content low. Instead of peanut butter you could use almond butter but check the carb content if you are counting.
Sometimes the cake comes out a bit lopsided for me, but I suspect that it may be to do with my microwave. Who cares if it’s not even, when it’s cake in a hurry!
For the cocoa I used one of the cocoa sticks I purchased from the supermarket here in St Lucia. They make great hot chocolate but I have started replacing my usual cocoa with these sticks to see how they bake. I finely grate the sticks and enjoy the cocoa smell that is released. I am yet to lick the sticks to see if they taste like they smell, but that might be taking it a bit too far!
I like to cook this flourless chocolate cake in a ramekin dish, so I can serve this in a bowl with cream or sugar free chocolate sauce, but you could happily just bake this in a mug. Mix all the ingredients in a mug, zap it and voila! Cake!
Since I have been playing with this recipe, the Chief Taster has now been asking for cake at breakfast when he is in a hurry but wants something sweet. It saves me baking a batch of muffins the night before and puts him in a good mood for the day. A win-win in our house!
WATCH THE VIDEO
Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon Erythritol Low carb sweetener
- 2 tablespoons Coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Cocoa powder unsweetened
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Peanut butter softened at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 Pinch Salt
- Grease a ramekin or mug with butter
- In a jug, bowl or mug, add the egg first, then the other ingredients.
- Beat well until combined. You need to make sure that the peanut butter is softened at room temperature to ensure a good mixture.
- Pour into the greased ramekin (if pouring into a different vessel).
- Microwave for 90 seconds.
- Eat and enjoy!