A low carb berry loaf cake made with blackberries and blueberries that is moist and light. Enjoy a slice for dessert today!
Although I made this berry loaf cake with coconut flour you could use almond flour instead. Although when you use almond flour you would need to increase the quantity and decrease the eggs. I prefer coconut flour currently as it’s cheaper for me here!
Keto Berry Cake
This is a moist and delicious berry loaf cake full of plump blackberries and blueberries. I used frozen but fresh would work just as a well.
Although I was tempted to add lemon juice to make this a berry and lemon cake, I wanted to try it first without. It worked well without but if I made a different version I’d just use blueberries with the lemon.
If you were in the mood for a keto berry dessert and wanted something lighter than a cake, then try a keto berry trifle. Great for gatherings or a pot luck too!
The Chief Taster enjoyed a big slice for breakfast. He is a big fan of pound cake so this was a healthier alternative for him.
Baking with Coconut Flour Tip
The trick to a light coconut flour cake is to separate the eggs and whisk the egg whites. Fold them in as the last stage and voila! A light and delicious cake to be sliced and devoured.
OTHER KETO BERRY DESSERTS TO TRY
- 1/2 cup (56g) Coconut flour
- 5 Eggs separated
- 1/2 cup (107g) Xylitol or sugar substitute
- 1/2 cup (113g) Butter softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons Coconut milk
- 1 cup (150g) Mixed berries blueberries/blackberries
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin (9 x 5 1/2 x 3 inches)
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks, xylitol and butter together.
- Add in the coconut milk and vanilla and mix.
- Add the coconut flour, baking powder and salt and mix well.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff.
- Fold the egg whites into the cake mixture.
- Stir in the berries.
- Spoon the cake mixture into the tin and bake for 40-50 minutes until the cake is firm.