This recipe is just yummy and I can slather them with cream cheese in the mornings and be ready for a day of number crunching! You need a donut pan or could make them by hand...but I recommend that you get a donut pan..This version is onion and garlic as I prefer a savoury bagel flavour, but feel free to omit, make it plain, add other ingredients...Low Carb Bagels for all!! Woo hoo!
If you enjoyed this recipe you can subscribe to Divalicious Recipes by email and never miss a recipe!
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun!
- 3 tblspns ground flax seed
- 2 tblspns coconut flour
- ¼ tspn baking powder
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 tspn onion powder (optional)
- 1 tspn garlic powder (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 170C/325F degrees.
- Grease the donut plan with butter/non stick oil.
- Mix the flax seed, coconut flour , baking powder and dried onion.
- Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks. Slowly add the yolks then add the dried mixture.
- Allow the batter to sit for 5-10 minutes to thicken.
- Spoon into the donut tin. Sprinkle additional dried onion on top of each bagel.
- Bake for 30 minutes until bagels are golden brown (if baking mini ones as I did the cooking time is 15-20 minutes)
- Eat and enjoy!