Bright lime cupcakes made with coconut flour and smothered with a cheesecake topping. Utter decadence and I ate two in one go!
I used some green food colouring to give this a blast of colour since the flavouring was lime and lime juice does not give a very vivid colour. These would be perfect for St. Patrick's day with their green vibrancy! Or just something bright and vibrant for your table. Ideally, you would use key limes for this, but failing that use the limes you can get your hands on!
I made a topping with cheesecake ingredients so that the sharpness of the lime contrasted against the creaminess of the topping. This combination was so good that I ate two back to back. Then another before I went to bed. Shamefully I had another for breakfast. But hey, I've moved a notch on my belt, dropped a jean size and these are a healthy option which won't affect my belt status! Although a couple were so filling and I didn't really need the third. But I'd do it again! Again I say! Mwah ha ha!
Lime Cupcakes with Cheesecake Topping
- ¼ cup 28g coconut flour
- ¼ cup 55g coconut oil
- ¼ cup 28g erythritol (or other sugar substitute)
- 2 tblspns coconut milk
- 3 eggs
- Juice and rind of 1 medium lime
- ½ tspn baking powder
- ¼ tspn salt
- 2-3 drops natural green colouring
- 3 oz 85g cream cheese
- ¼ cup 30g whipping/heavy cream
- ¼ cup erythritol
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Mix the coconut flour, baking powder, salt and erythritol (or sugar substitute) in a bowl.
- Add the coconut milk, oil, lime juice, rind and eggs together until you have a smooth batter.
- Add the green colouring and adjust if you want it brighter.
- Pour into cupcake cases and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Blend the topping ingredients together until smooth. Slather or pipe over the cupcakes. Optional decoration is extra rind from a lime.
- Eat and enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe you can subscribe to Divalicious Recipes by email and never miss another recipe!
Follow me on Facebook for extra bits and fun! https://www.facebook.com/DivaliciousRecipes
Want more coconut flour recipes?
Looks great on your iPad!
40 Coconut Flour Recipes eCookbook $2.99
MMMM8 They look so inviting & cute too!