Lemon basil muffins are a delicious flavour combination that are perfect for a Spring afternoon. Baked with almond flour these are low carb and gluten free too.
Lemon and basil is a flavouring that is usually used for sauces but I thought I'd put it in a muffin. It works, with the sweet taste having a slight savoury aftertaste of the basil. It's a taste of Spring in your mouth!
I half expected the Chief Taster to throw them across the room and demand chocolate, but he loved them and munched them with relish. I decorated mine with a lemon cream cheese glaze but you could happily serve them plain. Or with the topping of your choice...go crazy and get creative!
Lemon Basil Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Mix the almond flour, baking powder and salt together.
- In another bowl mix the butter, water, eggs, erythritol, lemon zest, lemon juice.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together, and stir well.
- Add the basil and blend well.
- Pour the mixture into a greased muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 to 23 minutes until firm.
- Eat and enjoy!
Nutritional Info per muffin - 275 Calories, 9g Fat, 8g Protein, 7g Carbs, 3g Fibre, 4g Net Carbs
[amazon_link asins='B00OZQF0CS,B000Z978SS,B01I8AEUDQ' template='ProductCarousel' store='divaliciou04c-20' marketplace='US' link_id='c7593eb5-6ce3-11e7-8d8d-57f88ef7e6ed']