If you enjoy tiramisu and a bowl of ice cream, this keto tiramisu ice cream is the low carb dessert for you! All of the taste of the classic Italian dessert in an easy no churn ice cream.
Using our keto lady fingers and Kahlua recipe we put them to good use in this ice cream recipe. The ice cream is a custard based recipe made with mascarpone but no ice cream machine is needed. The ice cream is creamy and smooth with no iciness.
How to make keto tiramisu ice cream
For this easy recipe we are assuming you have already made a batch of our low carb lady fingers. They are optional and you can use your favourite low carb vanilla sponge cake instead. The lady fingers are made with almond flour, but you could use a coconut flour sponge as we do in our strawberry tiramisu recipe.
The ice cream element of this recipe is made with just 4 ingredients. We have used mascarpone cheese, just as a traditional tiramisu would use. There is a lot of whisking so an electric whisker is essential. Or a very strong arm.
For the sweetener we used allulose as that is our very favourite low carb sweetener for ice cream. If you don't have any, then use a powdered low carb sweetener.
The coffee can be a strong espresso or brewed instant coffee.
This tiramisu ice cream recipe is assembled just like a regular tiramisu. Layers of cream, coffee soaked lady fingers are topped with cocoa.
- Dip the keto lady finger into the coffee.
- Layer the lady gingers on the cream layer and repeat.
- Top with unsweetened cocoa, then freeze.
How long does this ice cream last in the freezer?
This sugar-free ice cream should last up to 3 to 4 months in the freezer. Keep it firmly covered with cling film to prevent and icy topping.
Remove the ice cream from the freeze and allow to slightly soften for 5 minutes before serving. Either slice the ice cream directly from the loaf tin or scoop it.
The Kahlua is not essential and can be left out. We added it for a holiday ice cream!
The mascarpone cheese needs to be softened at room temperature before use. It will fold in smoother.
You may want to use more lady fingers for a large sponge layer. Overlap them for a defined layer (which I did with my second layer as you can see in the photos. We won't talk about the first layer!).
More keto tiramisu recipes
As well as enjoying tiramisu in it's traditional form, we enjoy it in other recipes too!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information
Keto Tiramisu Ice Cream
- ¼ cup cocoa powder unsweetened
Make the Ice Cream
- Prepare a medium pan with a few inches of water and simmer.
- In a large glass bowl, whisk the egg yolks and allulose until smooth.
- Place the bowl over the saucepan of simmering water, ensuring that the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. Whisk for about 8 minutes until the mixture is thick, pale and fluffy.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Fold in the mascarpone cheese and stir until combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk the cream into stiff peaks.
- Fold the cream into the mascarpone mixture and gently mix.
- Using a 1lb loaf tin, spoon a 1 inch layer of the ice cream mixture on the bottom of the tin.
- Place the coffee (and Kahlua if using) into a shall dish. Dip the lady fingers into the coffee.
- Place a layer of lady fingers on top of the cream layer.
- Repeat the layers of cream and dipped lady fingers, finishing with a layer of cream.
- Sprinkle the cocoa powder on top of the cream.
- Cover the tin with cling film and place in the freezer for at least 4 hours.