This is an alternative to a breaded crust fish dish, therefore keeping it gluten free, and low in carbs! The chief taster enjoyed this and declared it light and zesty. Instead of using lemon, I used a lemon thyme which gave the dish the zesty taste without any of the citrus. It was easy to make too, my favourite type of dish!
I used cod for this dish, but you could use the topping mixture for any other white fish or possibly salmon too.
2 cod fillets
2 tblspn ground almond
2 tblspn lemon thyme, chopped
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1 tblspn fresh parsely, chopped
salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F degrees.
- Mix the ground almond, onions and seasoning together in a bowl.
- Place the fish fillets in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Place the almond and herb mixture on top of the fish, covering it evenly.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until the fish is cooked through.
- Eat and enjoy!