This healthy low carb bread tastes pretty close to the real thing as it has the texture of bread and toasts very well. It is also a gluten free bread that has a mixture of my three favourite low carb flours. Enjoy it as toast, or slice thinly for yummy sandwiches!
When you stop eating bread either for a low carb diet or because you cannot eat gluten, you can still hanker for a piece of toast in the morning. This healthy bread can help your mornings get off to a good start. A slice toasted with an egg on top is just delicious!
Although this recipe can be made in a food processor you could use a hand electric whisk or even just get an upper arm workout with a spoon and a bowl!
The low carb flours used in this recipe have a great fibre content so it will keep you full too.
UPDATE – I’ve revised this bread with the addition of pysllium husk powder in this recipe. Try it too!
Healthy Gluten Free & Low Carb Bread
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed meal golden if possible
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon sweetener
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees and grease a loaf pan.
- Place almond flour, coconut flour, flax, salt and baking soda in a food processor.
- Pulse the ingredients together
- Add and pulse in the eggs, oil, and vinegar
- Pour batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes
- Cool, eat and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.
[amazon_link asins=’B00OZQF0CS,B008RJMXPQ,B00012NHAC,B06VZ3SRGD’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’divaliciou04c-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’18008dc8-683e-11e7-b93a-439d5c9ba65d’]
If you like this bread you may also like this version! Paleo Bread