This hazelnut coconut bread is a great way to help you on the path to give up sugar. It ticks most of the boxes too! Gluten free, grain free, low carb and Paleo.
I baked this with some leftover over hazelnut flour that I was given free! Which made it all the sweeter for me! My free bags of hazelnut flour just keeps giving! I like the idea of coconut with hazelnut as a flavour combination so thought I'd try a sweet bread loaf with it. I did not add any sweetener as the coconut is sweet enough for my tastes. Taste the mixture before baking if you have a sweeter tooth than me and adjust accordingly. If you slather this with some chia jam you might not notice the lack of sweetener too!
I was keeping this simple to see how it turned out before using this as a recipe to play around with. It surprised me how delicious it was and it would be a great bread to add other flavours to. Although I enjoyed it how it was, if I was to make this again and change anything, my first instinct would be to add cocoa powder as chocolate goes very well with the flavours of hazelnut and coconut. If you were not too bothered about the carbs then banana would be another good addition. Throw in some walnuts too?
You can always make your own hazelnut flour by simply grinding up hazelnuts in a food processor. Depending upon where you live, this can be a cheaper option. This hazelnut coconut bread is almost as simple as my coconut bread too. A few ingredients, throw in a bowl, mix, bake and voila! Slices of tasty bread for breakfast!
Hazelnut Coconut Bread
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Grease a small bread loaf tin and line with parchment paper.
- Mix the hazelnut flour, coconut, psyllium husk powder, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add the coconut oil, egg whites and whole eggs. Mix with a whisk (electric is best).
- Add the apple cider vinegar and gently stir thoroughly. Don’t overwork the mixture.
- Pour into the bread tin and bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Slice, eat and enjoy!