These keto chicken dumplings are flourless and flavoured with ginger and chilli for a quick and easy chicken dish. They are also gluten free, egg free and low carb.
This is a simple yet tasty keto chicken recipe that can be made a few hours ahead, ready for when you want to cook them. Although they have no low carb flour in them, the chilling time helps to keep their shape, so they don’t fall apart when cooking.
Ginger and chilli are a great flavour combination for chicken and any Asian influenced recipes. Perhaps try these with lemon grass or substitute the chicken with pork.
HOW TO MAKE KETO CHICKEN DUMPLINGS
Steaming the chicken dumplings keeps them moist and enhances the flavours of the ginger and garlic. However, you can also pan fry them or bake them in the oven. This would give a slight golden colour to the chicken dumplings. Another alternative is to quickly sear them in a pan for a golden colour then to steam them. That way you have a slightly firmer texture but a moist chicken dumpling,
HOW TO SERVE KETO CHICKEN DUMPLINGS
OTHER CHICKEN RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY:
Keto Ginger Chicken Dumplings
- 10.5 oz chicken breast skinless
- 5 spring onions
- 2 cm fresh ginger peeled & chopped
- 1 chilli de-seeded & chopped
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, fresh chopped
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and blitz until combined.
- Put the mixture into a bowl and using wet hands, shape into balls, about the size of a large walnut.
- Cover and chill for at least 20 minutes (can be made up to 8 hours ahead of cooking).
- Steam the dumplings in a steamer or on a heatproof plate covered with foil placed over a large pan of simmering water for 20 minutes until the chicken is tender and cooked with no pink meat.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.