Flavoured syrups are a great addition to a summer cocktail or a water infusion. The ginger gives a refreshing zing! As ever, I use a sugar replacement. You could make it with sugar if you wished...but think of those carbs...!
A dash of this is fabulous with some raspberry infused vodka....mmm
1 large piece of ginger
1 cup water
1 cup erthyritol (or other sugar substitute)
- Peel the ginger and slice into thin pieces.
- Place all ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes, stirring to ensure the erthyritol is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Sieve the liquid to remove the ginger pieces and keep in a jar.
- Use and enjoy!
Hey There Angie C,
This question may be a little off-topic, I made homemade ginger syrup and would like to send some to my grandmother for Christmas. Will it be ok in a jar through the mail or does it need to remain refrigerated?
It should be okay to send in the mail. Just make sure it is secure though. Hope your granny enjoys it!