This is classic recipe from the low carber forums and is a fabulously fast and easy recipe to make. It is perfect for a quick, healthy and filling breakfast. It is low carb and gluten free too!
Also a good way to get some flax into your diet. The muffin tastes like a sweet wholemeal muffin with a dash of cinnamon. Even the chief taster who is not a flax fan likes this. You could add chopped nuts or fruit to this and even a few spices to your liking. Play around and make it your own! I like to add coconut and berries to mine...just delicious!
The only drawback of this recipe is that you need to make it in the microwave. However, it is fun to watch it quickly rise in the cup whilst cooking in the microwave...but that's probably just the inner child in me coming out again... The time it takes to cook will depend on the power of your microwave. Cook for a minute, check it and zap it for a few seconds more until it is firm and cooked. It makes a great breakfast or snack on the go!
Add berries or unsweetened desiccated coconut
Flaxseed Mug Muffin
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 medium egg beaten
- ¼ cup flaxseed, ground/flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon erythritol
- Lightly grease the inside of a mug with a dab of butter.
- Add the teaspoon of butter to the mug and microwave for a few seconds to melt it.
- Remove the mug from the microwave, add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pop the mug back into the microwave and cook for about 45 seconds to a minute or more, depending upon your microwave.
- When the muffin is done, turn it out onto a plate.
Any nutritional analysis on the website is based on an estimate, calculated by http://nutritiondata.self.com from the individual ingredients in each recipe. Variations may occur for various reasons, including product availability and food preparation. We make no representation or warranty of the accuracy of this information.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.