This pancake is creamy in texture due to the cream cheese in it. It is a fabulous pancake for low carbers and gluten free foodies!
There is a small amount of flax seed which is just so good for you, but you cannot really taste it. A sneaky way to get a daily dose of flaxseed. The pancakes can be delicate to make so don't fill the frying pan full with the batter when cooking. I love them smoothered with berries and cream..mmm!
100g cream cheese, softened
2 large eggs, separated
1/2 tspn cinnamon
1/4 tspn salt
1 tblspn ground flax seed
1 tblspn erythritol (or sweetner of your choice)
2 tblspn butter
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks.
- Put egg yolks in a separate bowl, add cinnamon, salt, flax and erythritol, and mix well. Add the cream cheese and blend well.
- Fold the egg whites into the mixture.
- Heat a pan and melt a tablespoon of butter. Pour small portions of the pancake mixture onto the pan and flatten them down into pancake sizes.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and turn over to cook on other side.
- Remove from pan, smother with berries.
- Eat and enjoy!
Makes 2 pancakes
Nutrition: Per Pancake: 206 Calories; 17g Fat; 9g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carb