This pancake is creamy in texture due to the cream cheese in it. It is a fabulous pancake for low carbers and gluten free foodies!
There is a small amount of flax seed which is just so good for you, but you cannot really taste it. A sneaky way to get a daily dose of flaxseed. The pancakes can be delicate to make so don't fill the frying pan full with the batter when cooking. I love them smoothered with berries and cream.
Cream Cheese Pancakes
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 large eggs separated
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon monkfruit
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks.
- Put egg yolks in a separate bowl, add the cinnamon, salt, flax and low carb sweetener and mix well. Add the cream cheese and blend well.
- Fold the egg whites into the mixture
- Heat a pan and melt a tablespoon of butter. Pour small portions of the pancake mixture onto the pan and flatten them down into pancake sizes.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and turn over to cook on other side.
- Remove from pan, smother with berries.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.