This pancake is creamy in texture due to the cream cheese in it. It is a fabulous pancake for low carbers and gluten free foodies!
There is a small amount of flax seed which is just so good for you, but you cannot really taste it. A sneaky way to get a daily dose of flaxseed. The pancakes can be delicate to make so don't fill the frying pan full with the batter when cooking. I love them smoothered with berries and cream.
Cream Cheese Pancakes
Easy low carb cream cheese pancakes.
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 large eggs separated
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon monkfruit
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks.
- Put egg yolks in a separate bowl, add the cinnamon, salt, flax and low carb sweetener and mix well. Add the cream cheese and blend well.
- Fold the egg whites into the mixture
- Heat a pan and melt a tablespoon of butter. Pour small portions of the pancake mixture onto the pan and flatten them down into pancake sizes.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and turn over to cook on other side.
- Remove from pan, smother with berries.
Makes 2 pancakes The net carbs will be the total carb count minus the fibre count. Carb count excludes sugar alcohols. Any nutritional analysis on the website is based on an estimate, calculated by Spoonacular from the individual ingredients in each recipe. Variations may occur for various reasons, including product availability and food preparation. We make no representation or warranty of the accuracy of this information.
Serving: 1pancakeCalories: 386kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 10gFat: 37gFiber: 1g
Have you tried this recipe? Leave a review or take a picture and share it on InstagramMention @Divalicious_Recipes or tag #divaliciousrecipes
you fail to give the measurement of the pan. for Tacos I use the same pan as Carnival uses for eggs. It makes a nice 5 inch Taco or pancake.
It doesn't really matter on the pan size as I use a different range of them, depending upon which one I reach for in the morning. Any size will work.