These cranberry cookies are the perfect festive cookie. Made with coconut flour and cream cheese they are a delicious low carb and gluten free cookie.
The sweetness of the chocolate balances against the sharpness of the cranberries with the cinnamon adding a warm spice. A delicious trio of flavours that would make Santa happy if you left one or two out for him!
I enjoy my cream cheese cookie recipe but thought it’s time to play around with it. I was looking at a bag of cranberries and some chocolate chips and wanted to combine these two flavours. So, into a cookie they went! I added the cinnamon to give the cookie a warmer flavour to balance against the sharpness of the cranberries. My cranberries were fresh, but if you are using frozen ones, please make sure that they are defrosted thoroughly as you will end up with soggy cookies.
The smell of these cranberry cookies is a pleasure to the nose, as with most things cinnamon. I munched on one warm as they came out of the oven and had to hold myself back not to eat the lot. It’s still amazing that I managed to take photographs as I could have eaten most of the batch before they cooled!
I found that this cranberry cookie dough did not need to be rolled up in parchment paper and sat in the fridge to firm up which my other cream cheese cookie recipe requires. It was thick enough to roll out a cookie by hand. Although I do recommend that you dampen your hands first otherwise it will be a sticky cookie mess.
If you wanted your cranberry cookies to be more defined in shape and use a cookie cutter, then perhaps keep the mixture in the fridge for an hour to firm up before using.
Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- In a bowl, cream together the butter, cream cheese and erythritol (or sugar substitute of choice).
- Add the vanilla extra and egg. Beat until smooth.
- Add the coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and beat until combined.
- Fold in the cranberries and chocolate chips.
- With damp hands take a large walnut sized ball of the cookie dough and place on a parchment paper lined baking tray.
- Press on top of the cookie either with your hand or the back of a spoon to spread out the cookie shape. (Or shape as you want).
- Bake for 20 minutes until firm and golden.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.
[amazon_link asins='B000YF99GM,B00NQY43SC,B000Z978SS,B071K79M9D' template='ProductCarousel' store='divaliciou04c-20' marketplace='US' link_id='698aeadd-e01b-11e7-bae0-957d71922749']