Delicious coconut flour crepes that make a great quick breakfast, supper or dessert dish. They can be filled or eaten simply with a dash of lemon over them. A delicious low carb and gluten-free recipe.
One of the great things about this recipe is that it is so easy and quick to make. It is very versatile and can be filled with either a sweet or savory filling. I found that if you fill the crepe with a natural sweet filling like a nut butter that there is no need to add any additional sweetener to the crepe.
Despite being light to the touch and these coconut flour crepes may seem small these but are very filling. The Chief Taster over indulged as he looked at the size of them and declared that he would have four. “You’ll see”, I thought to myself as I plated them up. 30 minutes later he was laying on the sofa, groaning about how full he was.
I have been baking with coconut flour for a few years now and he still has not quite grasped how filling it is. When will he learn! A classic case of eyes before stomach. Mind you I’m the same when chocolate cake or ice cream is placed in front of me, so I’m not one to judge.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Just 4 ingredients are needed to make these keto crepes with butter being used to cook them.
- Coconut flour
- Coconut Oil
- Butter - to cook the crepes
How to make Coconut Flour Crepes
This is a quick and easy recipe.
Blend ingredients until you have a smooth crepe batter.
Cook in butter and flip.
Filling Suggestions for Crepes
My favorite filling for a crepe is spinach, garlic and cheese. I switch between a strong Cheddar cheese or blue cheese. As I type I’m pausing to defrost some spinach so that I can have a batch later tonight.
Other filling suggestions for this crepe recipe are:
- Cream Cheese and Berries: Spread a layer of cream cheese on the crepe and top with fresh berries such as strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries.
- Ham and Cheese: Place a few slices of ham and your favorite cheese (such as cheddar, Swiss, or Gruyere) inside the crepe. Optionally, you can add some spinach or sautéed mushrooms for added taste.
- Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese: Spread a layer of cream cheese on the crepe and top with smoked salmon slices. Add some capers, red onion slices, and fresh dill for a savory and refreshing flavor.
- Avocado and Bacon: Spread mashed avocado on the crepe and top with crispy bacon slices. You can also add some sliced tomatoes or a sprinkle of red pepper flakes for an extra kick.
- Spinach, Feta, and Sun-Dried Tomatoes: Sauté some spinach until wilted and combine it with crumbled feta cheese and chopped sun-dried tomatoes. Fill the crepe with this mixture and enjoy a Mediterranean-inspired filling.
If you have any leftovers, these keto crepes can be stored in the fridge. Keep them in an air tight container and in the fridge. They should last up to 2 days. Reheat them on the stove, microwave or air fryer.
Recipes using coconut flour crepes
Try our low carb recipes using coconut flour crepes:
WATCH THE RECIPE!
Coconut Flour Crepes
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 5 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients except the butter together. Either whisk or use a hand blender until the mixture is smooth.
- Heat the butter in a medium sized frying pan on a medium-low heat.
- Gently pour a small amount of the batter into the pan until you have a circle. You can rotate the pan whilst you pour to get a larger crepe. I just pour about one sixth into the pan and just watch it form into a circle naturally.
- Cook on one side for about 1-2 minutes until bubbles appear in the crepe, then flip over with a spatula to cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Fill, smother or slather with cream. Eat and enjoy!
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.
[amazon_link asins='B00MFC5JVQ,B00PD2B68K,B00008GKDN' template='ProductCarousel' store='divaliciou04c-20' marketplace='US' link_id='16fa2ebb-7b43-11e8-aa4b-73435f8377fa']