Keto coconut chocolate cups are an easy sweet treat and best of all are low carb and gluten free. The coconut case has a light coconut macaroon texture with a creamy chocolate filling.
Since I have a surplus of desiccated coconut and there are only so many macaroons you can make, so I tried these tasty low carb cups to use up the surplus. The coconut is used to make the tart cases and holds up very well. The chocolate filling is delicious and I did make one version with a large dash of rum (naughty but nice).
How To Make Low Carb Coconut Chocolate Cups
I have used both a large and mini muffin tin to make these coconut chocolate cups and loved both. I think the mini cups make a more delicate treat without the chocolate cream centre being too rich. Hey, who I am kidding, make them large and glorious! Although unsweetened desiccated coconut is fairly low carb, chocolate is not so much, so perhaps to keep the carbs lower, cocoa powder instead could be used.
A great holiday touch to these tasty coconut desserts would be a dash of rum!
WATCH THE VIDEO TO MAKE THESE
MORE COCONUT DESSERTS TO TRY:
Coconut Chocolate Cups
- 2 Egg Whites
- 2 1/2 cups Desiccated coconut unsweetened
- 6 oz Dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup Cream heavy/whippping
- 1/4 cup Butter, melted unsalted
- 1 tablespoon Erythritol Low carb sweetener
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- In a bowl add the egg whites and coconut. Mix well.
- Add the sweetener and melted butter and stir well.
- Grease a muffin tin lightly.
- Place a spoonful of the coconut mixture into the muffin tin and press down to make the shell. Add more mixture if necessary.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until slightly golden. Cool in the tin.
- Gently heat the cream and add the chocolate.
- Whisk until the chocolate is combined thoroughly, then pour into the coconut cups.
- Chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Remove from the tin, eat and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.
Products from Amazon.com