Easy to make chocolate truffles with only 3 ingredients make a great treat or gift. Chocolate and raspberry are a great flavour combination too.
These chocolate truffles are so simple to make that even the kids could make a batch. Start dropping hints to them before Mother’s or Father’s Day! The truffles are simply chocolate melted with hot cream, chilled and shaped. It doesn’t get easier than that for a sweet treat.
To keep the carbs down on these chocolate truffles, ensure that the chocolate has high a cocoa solid. Ideally start with 85% if possible.
Although you can roll the chocolate truffles into balls, I wanted heart shaped truffles so used a silicon tray with shapes. It’s the same tray I used to make the wine jellies. This way they kept in the freezer and I could pop a couple out when I was ready for a chocolate treat.
Chocolate truffles are a simple treat to make that you can have fun playing around with. After all, playing around with chocolate is not a bad way to spend the day! Add a dash of rum for adults, perhaps some finely chopped nuts. If you make the truffles into balls, roll them in cocoa powder, finely chopped nuts or unsweetened desiccated coconut.
If you are rolling out the truffles by hand, make sure your hands and the kitchen are at a cool temperature. Slightly damp hands can help rolling the truffles with minimum mess.
Other Truffle Recipes
Chocolate Raspberry Truffles
- ½ cup Heavy cream
- 8 oz Dark chocolate High cocoa solids
- ½ cup Raspberries
- Heat the cream in a sauce on a medium heat and remove before it boils.
- Place the chocolate chips in a bowl and pour the cream over them
- Gently stir until the chocolate has melted
- Add the raspberries and gently stir.
- Cool and chill for at least 4 hours
To Shape the Truffles
- Either spoon the mixture into a silicone tray of shapes. Place in the freezer for at least one hour to firm.
- Roll small amounts of the truffles in your hands to make a ball
- Optional: Coat the truffles with cocoa, finely chopped nuts or coconut.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.