This chocolate peanut butter muffin is my cupcake version of Reeces Pieces and a healthier version because of the low carb and sugar replacement.
I am adding this to the list of another coconut flour muffin that could probably be replicated with almond flour. The main attraction about this muffin is the gooey peanut butter centre. I noticed that almonds here are much cheaper than Barbados so once I get my food processor I shall be making a batch of almond flour and get around to the list of recipes to make! So much baking, such a happy husband!
Chocolate & Peanut Butter
I used smooth peanut butter as it's my personal favourite, but crunchy would be fine. An extra treat in the middle for you. I use peanut butter that is unsweetened and as natural as you can get. Alternatively, whip up a batch yourself using peanuts and your food processor.
There is just something about chocolate and peanut butter that it just divine for me. I was toying with the idea of topping these delicious muffins with a chocolate ganache but think I may have had to have a lie down with the flavour overload. Actually, if I do this again I think a chocolate topping would not go amis. Athough I was trying to keep the net carbs down just using cocoa powder.
WATCH THE VIDEO
More low carb muffin recipes
Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Blend the butter, eggs, erythritol, vanilla essence and coconut milk.
- Add the coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Whisk until the batter is smooth
- Pour the batter into cupcake cups.
- Gently place a teaspoon of the peanut butter into the middle of the cupcake mixture. Smooth any chocolate batter over the top of the peanut butter.
- Bake for 20 minutes until firm.
- Eat and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information