A spicy low carb cauliflower soup with tastes of the ginger, lime, coconut and lemon grass. This smooth and creamy soup is not too spicy, but is packed full of flavour.
The flavours of this soup develop well if you can leave it for the next day. Or try a bowl once you make it, then enjoy another bowl the following day for a taste test!
How to make cauliflower coconut soup
This soup may have a lot of ingredients but it's an easy recipe to make. The key to the spicey taste is to boil the spiced and herbs in the coconut milk and vegetable stock first. The liquid is strained before using.
The cauliflower and onions are gently cooked in the turmeric before being added to the spicy stock.
Other low carb soups to enjoy
Cauliflower Coconut Soup
- 1 large Cauliflower head
- 1 can coconut milk canned
- 500 ml vegetable stock or chicken stock
- 4 garlic cloves peeled & chopped
- 5 cm ginger, fresh peeled & finely chopped
- 3 lemon grass stalks chopped
- 1 lime zest grated
- 4 red chili peppers keep whole
- 1 small onion peeled & chopped
- 2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 spring onions chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander, fresh chopped
- Put the coconut milk and vegetable stock into a large saucepan. Add the garlic, lime zest, lemon grass and red chillies. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Strain and reserve the liquid.
- Heat the onion in a saucepan, add the onion, ginger, turmeric and fry gently for 5 minutes. Add the cauliflower and stir fry for 5 minutes until lightly golden.
- Add the coconut stock and lime juice. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer gently for 10-15 minutes.
- Blend with an hand immersion blender for a smooth soup (you can omit this for a chunky soup)
- Trim and shred the spring onions; add to the soup with coriander and serve
- Slurp and enjoy!
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.