Broccoli bake is a creamy and cheesy low carb side dish. Brie cheese has been added for an indulgent side dish. Serving vegetables smothered with cheese is always a family favourite!
Brie and broccoli go very well together, usually in a quiche or fritta. Here, the two ingredients are baked together and the yummy Brie melts into the broccoli. This is a good way to eat a plate of broccoli too!
How to make a broccoli bake
- Lightly cook the broccoli for 10 minutes.
- Make the low carb cheese sauce.
- Place the broccoli in a baking dish and cover with the sliced Brie.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the broccoli and bake.
Can I freeze broccoli bake?
This broccoli dish can be frozen. To freeze this broccoli dish, assemble the dish in a foil baking container and lay a sheet of parchment paper over the bake. Wrap tightly in foil and freeze. These should freeze up to 3 months. To bake, remove the parchment paper and bake until golden and bubbling.
The brie cheese could be substituted with camembert.
Try this with Gruyere cheese in place of the Parmesan cheese
Add bacon or ham chunks or use crushed pork rinds for a topping.
This dish could be made ahead and then reheated before serving.
Roast the broccoli for a heartier flavour.
More low carb side dish
Broccoli Bake with Brie
- 2 broccoli broccoli head
- 12.5 oz brie cheese
- 3 cloves garlic peeled & sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ¾ cup cream heavy/whipping
- 3 oz Parmesan grated
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Cut the broccoli into florets and steam or blanche the broccoli until just tender then drain and allow to dry for a few minutes.
Make the Cheese Sauce
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter on a medium heat.
- Add the chopped garlic cloves and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and cream. Stir until the the cream cheese has melted.
- Add the Parmesan cheese, mustard and season with the salt & pepper.
Assemble the Bake
- Place the broccoli florets in a baking dish.
- Slice the brie cheese and place over the broccoli florets.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the broccoli.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 200C/400F degrees.
- Serve and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information